a Vision in Plaid

11:13 PM

A vision in Plaid, who say's you can't wear Plaid on the First Day of Spring. The "Jackie" Dress from Heart My Closet Clothing is such a stunning 1940s pattern. Cynthia of Heart My Closet Clothing recreates Vintage Patterns with customs prints or solid fabrics. She has so many wonderful patterns to choose from & she customizes them to your exact measurements, making her designs perfect for every body shape & size. I chose this beauty, because I adore the neckline, I have yet to see a reproduction 40s inspired dress with a neckline quite like this. Cynthia's designs are Unique & so close to Authentic Vintage Fashion that you feel like you are wearing true vintage. The "Jackie" Dress is also Inspired by a dress made for "Joan Holloway" in the Series "Mad Men." The fit of this dress is exquisite; its comfy, & easy to strut around in my 6inch heels. 
The Pleated Draped Neckline is a stunning feature, you could pair it with your favorite Vintage Brooch & you'd turn heads for sure. Pencil skirts were a stable piece in every 1940s woman's closet, I adore pencil skirts because they shape the body beautifully. I tend to feel more confident in a form fitting dress, I feel that it allows me to embrace my shape. The dress also features Three Quarter Sleeves, making this dress Perfect for Spring, Fall, & Winter. I paired the Jackie dress with some Noir Seamless Stockings, a Black Vinyl Thin Belt to accentuate my waist, & my favorite 6inch Fetish heels. I call this look the "Veronica" look, because I was inspired by my favorite gal in the Archie Comics series. 
1940s Veronica Lodge, Archie Comics

Veronica Lodge, has always been one of my Style Icons, she had a sophisticated look with a bit of a sassy edge. I loved that she knew what suited her best, & that she had a daring way of looking at things. If you are a fan of the Original Archie Comics, you could tell right away this look was inspired by her attitude. In one of her appearances in the series she wore a Plaid Dress with a Black belt, with a Bold Red Lipstick in her hands. When I saw this Plaid beauty I knew right away I wanted to recreate a Veronica look, I did the Blunt Cut with Bettie Bangs to really capture her Bad Girl essence.
Veronica Lodge, in Betty & Veronica Issue 38, in a Plaid Design




Jackie Plaid Dress : Heart My Closet
Black Vinyl Belt : Vixen By Micheline Pitt
Dominia Mules : Pleaser USA


x, MissVintageLady



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright 2017 @MissVintageLady. Powered by Blogger.